Adrian Wojnarowski broke the story via a series of Tweets during the Notre Dame/Oklahoma game that added insult to injury for Sooners' fans. The Thunder decided not to max out Harden and not face future luxury tax hell in the process. Of course, they could've made one more run at an NBA title with the bearded one, but instead they cashed in with Houston's cadre of players and draft picks to at least bring back plenty of future value.
Tough choice. I guess I'm not as high on Harden as others. Sure, he'd be great to have on any team, but as the lead dog? Hmm, I guess we'll see.
Came home to this.. Forgiato rims stolen.. Smh Indy! You can't hide those clowns!twitpic.com/b7q7r7— Paul George (@King24George) October 27, 2012
SMH, Indy, indeed.
Check out the links including Mike Wellls' report on the Pacers improved bench and Gerald Green trending among NBA players for his "head shot" above the rim:
- Pacers feel better about bench this season | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers Visit Notre Dame | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Inside look at James Harden's trade to Rockets - Yahoo! Sports
- Tweet of the Night: Chris Paul on Gerald Green
- Expectations soar as Pacers embark on new season | AP
- Indiana Fever owner Herb Simon savors 'special moment' | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- The James Harden trade: early aftermath - Welcome to Loud City
- Report: Rockets trade for James Harden - The Dream Shake
- Breaking Down the James Harden Trade - Welcome to Loud City
- Oklahoma CIty Thunder trade James Harden to Houston Rockets - Ian Thomsen - SI.com
- Harden confirms he will sign extension with Rockets | ProBasketballTalk
- Thunder trade Harden to the Rockets, let the finger-pointing begin | The Basketball Jones | Blogs | theScore.com
- Winners and Losers: OKC trades James Harden to Houston - CBSSports.com