The NBA season begins next week but the Indiana Pacers have yet to see their starting unit play together in the preseason.
That won't change on Tuesday when the Pacers travel to Cleveland to take on the Cavs, but they will add one more starter to the mix with forward Danny Granger expected to make his preseason debut, according to Mike Wells.
Granger will be limited to 12 minutes and George Hill (hip pointer) is doubtful against the Cavs— Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNBA) October 22, 2012
As you can see, the prognosis for George Hill joining his fellow starters in Cleveland doesn't look too good. Hill continues to deal with a bothersome hip pointer and a cautious training staff looking toward the regular season. While it would be nice for the starters to get some run together ASAP, the benefit of keeping the successful unit together is that they already know how to play together and play well.
Check out a few more links:
- Danny Granger to make preseason debut for Indiana Pacers | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers Exercise Option on George, Release Three Players | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- GM Survey: LeBron and Heat the faves, but look out for L.A. | NBA.com
- Pacers: Hibbert shows he has a little bit of rhythm (video included) | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- One-on-one with WNBA Finals MVP Tamika Catchings - fox59.com
- "Roy Hibbert Goes Gangnam Style" Takes Off | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Roy Hibbert goes 'Gangnam style' at Indy mall (VIDEO)
- Fever already cashing in on WNBA title, aiming for more | 2012-10-22 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com
- Bob Kravitz: A true team effort and unlikely contributors bring Indiana Fever a title | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- WNBA: Thanks to the Fever, Indianapolis has a basketball title once again - fox59.com
- Eric Gordon could be held out the entire preseason | ProBasketballTalk