Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Frank Vogel expects to treat remaining preseason games with a regular-season mindset.
The Indiana Pacers beat the Atlanta Hawks with three of their returning starting five in the lineup. Forward David West got his work in early, scoring 11 points in the first quarter before sitting the rest of the way. Paul George and Roy Hibbert played extended minutes and led the team to a win, while remaining starters, George Hill and Danny Granger sat again tending to injuries.
Rookie Orlando Johnson was given an opportunity to play and start in place of Danny Granger, with fellow rookie Miles Plumlee and Jeff Pendergraph getting backup minutes as Ian Mahinmi took the night off.
Coach Frank Vogel used the first three preseason games to give his roster a fair chance to play heavy rotation minutes by keeping some players sidelined to allow the players in the rotation to get into the rhythm of a game. But now Vogel expects to start using his regular 10-man group for the remainder of training camp.
With four games remaining, the team hopes to have George Hill back on Friday in Orlando, and then Danny Granger for the final two games. So now is the time to start dialing in the regular-season playing rotation and fortify their on-court chemistry.
Check out the links with more from the win over Atlanta:
- Hawks at Pacers - Box score, highlights
- Rewind Pacers Hawks 121016 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Energetic Hansbrough Gives Hustle, Heart, | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Video Pacers Hawks 121016 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers: Not a camp full of battles | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Notebook: Pacers will soon use lineups like those seen in regular season | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- George lifts Pacers to 102-98 win over Hawks - AP
- Cut the Check: Augustin getting in rhythm with Pacers - fox59.com
- Indiana Pacers preview: No stars, just a solid all-around team in Indy - NBA - Sporting News
- NBA Preseason 2012: Josh Smith, Al Horford sit out Hawks' loss to Pacers - Peachtree Hoops
- Eye on Where the Bigs Get Their Shots…Update | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Deron Williams zings A.J. Price after scuffle late in Nets’ preseason win over Wizards (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Seattle takes major step toward NBA team with arena deal