Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
New faces for the Pacers made a positive first impression in front of the home crowd.
The Indiana Pacers beat the Minnesota Timberwolves in their second preseason game on Friday night. Well, it was kind of the Indiana Pacers and Minnesota Timberwolves.
Three starters for the Pacers filled the high-priced baseline seats, suited and booted in business attire while cheering their teammates on to victory. The Indiana Pacers aren't really the Indiana Pacers without Danny Granger, George Hill and Roy Hibbert in the starting lineup.
But that doesn't mean the game wasn't fun to watch as several new faces came together to deliver a strong second half performance and win the game. Ian Mahinmia was a revelation in the post, not only making shots and helping the offense flow, but showing some excellent hands whether he was snaring passes or rebounds. It it hit his hands, he caught it.
Gerald Green also had the Fieldhouse jumpin' with his, well...jumpin'. We know the guy has hops, but actually seeing said hops in person is ridiculous. That bounce came in handy as he elevated over the defense for several jumpers. He also showed the ability to bounce into a fade-away shot that simply can't be guarded.
Oh, and he did this to help put the game on ice.
Check out the links with more on the game:
- Timberwolves at Pacers - Box score and highlights
- Pacers: George comes out firing | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- George scores 19 to help Pacers top Timberwolves - AP
- Rewind Pacers Timberwolves 121012 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Ben Hansbrough Making the Most of the Opportunity | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS
- Pacers Insider: Bench, led by Ian Mahinmi, guides team to win over Minnesota | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Ben Hansbrough leads Pacers in 96-91 preseason win over Minnesota
- Pacers notebook: Injuries force Vogel to juggle starting lineup | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Williams scores while others sit - StarTribune
- Pacers preview: Indiana's quiet rise to elite - SBNation.com
- Different city, different result; Pacers 96, Wolves 91 - Canis Hoopus
- Preseason Impressions – Pacers Beat Timberwolves | Eight Points, Nine Seconds