The Indiana Pacers are 3-0 at home after dismantling the Charlotte Bobcats in the second half of last night's 99-77 win. They also survived their first real tough chunk of the schedule at Miami, at Boston and then Charlotte on back-to-back with a 2-1 record (the "1" only seemed like 3).
Now the Pacers have to prepare for another rough chunk of the schedule that hits this week before they make their West Coast trip the following week. Playing at Philadelphia on Monday and at home against Atlanta on Wednesday may be their biggest test outside of Miami so far.
Both the Sixers and Hawks are playing real well so far and boast long athletic teams that can cause the Pacers problems. The Hawks have been a nightmare matchup for a couple of years but when you consider Philly has been bringing Evan Turner, Lou Williams and Thaddeus Young off the bench with great success you can see how they can pose problems and nullify the Pacers depth advantage over most other teams.
Should be an interesting week. After playing at Philly on Monday and at home against Atlanta, the Pacers finish up with back-to-back games at Toronto on Friday and then home for Boston on Saturday.
Check out the links with stories on the win after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 99, Bobcats 77
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs. Bobcats 120107
- Starting slowly again, Pacers roll past Bobcats in 2nd half | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Lance Stephenson to remain Pacers No. 2 point guard | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Hibbert leads Pacers to 99-77 win over Bobcats - NBA - AP
- Silas after loss: Bobcats need to toughen up - Bonnell
- Tough-minded Pacers use a strong second half to beat the Bobcats, improve to 6-2 - fox59.com
- Bobcats Lose Steam, Fall To Pacers 99-77 - Rufus on Fire
- Bobcats Vs. Pacers: Indiana Comes Back, Wins 99-77 With Strong Second Half - SB Nation Indiana
- Jeff Foster, Elder Statesman, Returns to the Court | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Rout Bobcats on the Strength of an Impeccable Second Half | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Breaking down the NBA's back-to-back-to-back series | NewsOK.com