The Indiana Pacers were in Boston on Thursday getting ready to take on the Boston Celtics tonight at TD Garden. Meanwhile, the Celtics were down in Orlando putting together one of their best wins of the season, erasing a 27-point deficit to win 91-83.
Paul Pierce and E'Twauan Moore led the comeback effort as the Magic self-destructed once the C's applied a little pressure. Yeah, you read that right. It wasn't Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo or Kevin Garnett teaming up with Pierce, but former Purdue and East Chicago Central star, E'Twaun Moore making it happen in his rookie season.
The Celtics have won three games in a row despite playing without Allen, Rondo and Jermaine O'Neal last night. So maybe those first two wins by the Pacers weren't so bad after all.
I'm sure Larry Bird enjoyed those win as he has the start of the season for the Pacers. Mike Wells check in with the Pacers' prez to find him finally enjoying his time at the Fieldhouse after reshaping the roster to the Pacers up for a strong future.
Check out the links after the jump.
- PACERS: Caught in the Web Indiana Pacers blog: Now a grizzled role-player, O'Neal will always identify with Pacers
- Bird's long-range plan for Pacers comes together this season | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Kevin Garnett interview: 'It was a bar fight' - CBSSports.com
- E’Twaun Moore like that, rookie - BostonHerald.com
- Rookie Moore keys big rally at both ends of floor - The Boston Globe
- Celtics make statement - The Boston Globe
- Why the Hornets might want to see Eric Gordon leave | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Orlando chokes, breathes new life into Boston’s season | ProBasketballTalk
- Hornets G Eric Gordon (knee) out 3-6 more weeks - CBSSports.com
- Andrew Bogut Injury: Bucks Center Fractures Ankle, Out Indefinitely - SBNation.com