Roy Hibbert led the charge in the Indiana Pacers' win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday night, but the team as a whole showed their toughness and resolve throughout the game. First they battled their way back into the game after a horrible start and then kept pressuring the Lakers until they finally blinked in the last two minutes and couldn't score to close out the win.
The Pacers have a nice little reputation building and a game like this adds to the annoying feeling opponents will get when they see the Pacers up next on their schedule. But again, Hibbert personified toughness and it was duly noted. Check out what Chris Sheridan has to say about Roy's effort on Sunday.
Definition of a winner: A guy who gets his nose broken (as he is called for a foul), retreats to the locker room, has the trainer stuff cotton up his nostrils, breathes through his mouth the rest of the evening and then makes the big plays down the stretch.
For all the breathtaking moments we've already seen at the Staples Center through the first 4 weeks of the NBA season, what Roy Hibbert did Sunday night for the Indiana Pacers ranks right up there, quality wise, with any of Blake Griffin's dunks, Chris Paul's passes or Kobe Bryant's scoring outbursts.
Check out the rest of the links after the jump.
- Box score: Pacers 98, Lakers 96
- Hoopdata Advanced Box Score - Indiana Pacers vs Los Angeles Lakers 1/22/2012
- PACERS: Rewind: Pacers vs. Lakers
- Pacers' Hibbert gets nose broken in victory over Lakers | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Lakers' McRoberts feels insulted | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers continue to show toughness | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Hibbert leads Pacers past Lakers, 98-96 - NBA - AP
- Pacers 98, Lakers 96 (final) - latimes.com
- Lakers continue scoring drought in 98-96 loss to Pacers - latimes.com
- Lakers 96, Pacers 98: Open 24/7! (We Never Close) - Silver Screen and Roll
- Los Angeles Lakers' losses fuel frustrations - ESPN Los Angeles
- Pacers show fight, Lakers don’t and roll over again in loss | ProBasketballTalk
- Post-Game Grades: Pacers Beat the Lakers in LA | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- Former Lakers assistant Brian Shaw isn't dwelling on the past - latimes.com
- Eric Gordon says he is open to an extended stay with New Orleans Hornets, who must decide if he fits into their plans | NOLA.com
- Hibbert shakes off broken nose to lead Pacers over Lakers - sheridanhoops.com
- NBA Scores And More: Kobe Bryant, Lakers Come Up Short, Paul Pierce Takes Over, Heat Lose To Bucks - SBNation.com