Indiana Pacers forward Danny Granger made an off the cuff pledge during the NBA lockout that he wanted to treat workers at Bankers Life Fieldhouse to a meal since they were missing paychecks due to cancelled home games.
The logistics required to pull off such an even aren't as easy as cutting a check and the need to make such a big dinner happen with the lockout over seemed to quietly pass. But as Mike Wells reports, now that everyone is one big happy family again, Granger is teaming up with the Pacers to make the dinner happen on Sunday at the Fieldhouse.
"I wanted to do something for these unsung workers and for the sacrifices they were making with lost income. Now, it's the best of everything, the team stepped in to help, we're playing, they are back making this the best place to come to in the NBA, and we can get together for some food and fun."
This could really be a nice celebration if the Pacers serve up this meal with a 9-3 record. First they have some work to do by winning back-to-back games beginning tonight at the Toronto Raptors and then at the Fieldhouse on Saturday against the Boston Celtics.
Both the Raptors and Celtics are desperate for wins and will be a strong test for the Pacers before they have a rare three days off in this lockout-shortened season to make their way out west to resume a harsh January schedule.
Check out the links after the jump.
- PACERS: Caught in the Web Indiana Pacers blog: Never too early to look at playoff potential
- Hibbert's new mind-set, added strength reshape his game | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers notebook: Granger, organization to treat fieldhouse workers to dinner | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Question of the day: Has the lack of training camp caused poor shooting percentages? | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Raptors turn to DeRozan for offensive spark - CBCsports.com
- 3 in the Key - Raptors' Game-Day Preview vs Pacers - Raptors HQ
- By the Numbers 2012: The Pacers’ First Ten Games | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- The Best Pacers Lineups | Eight Points, Nine Seconds
- NBA Scores And More: Dwight Howard Picks Up Free Throw Record, Grizzlies Oust Rickety Knicks - SBNation.com
- Jamaal Tinsley is ‘The Voice’ | The Basketball Jones | Blogs | theScore.com
- Hawks C Horford out 3-4 months with shoulder - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Mark Jackson's Dwight Howard Failure: By The Numbers - From Our Editors - SBNation.com
- Rasheed Wallace mulling over NBA return - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Danny Ainge thinks the Celtics look old, and uses advanced stats | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
- Report: Grizzlies, Nets talked O.J. Mayo trade - CBSSports.com