The Indiana Fever rode a big game from Tangela Smith to hold home court and win the always-vital game one of a three game series last night when they put away the Atlanta Dream, 82-74.
Meanwhile the NBA labor negotiations weren't nearly as exciting. Both sides emerged from several hours of meeting yesterday with nothing new to report. In fact, Adrian Wojnarowski and Ric Bucher both report that the league expects to announce the postponement of preseason camps and the initial games today. Sounds like the owners will meet today and then employ the ol' political play of dropping bad news on a Friday evening when fewer folks are paying attention.
As for the Pacers, the players wrapped up their three-day, player-run workouts yesterday at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Paul George will stay in town to rep Indy with Lance Stephenson and George Hill in the Ball For It All Classic on Saturday at UIndy. See you there.
After the jump, a few links of interest including Jermaine O'Neal marvelling at Al Harrington's smart chimpanzee. What? I don't think Kendra Davis would approve.
- Tangela Smith, Tamika Catchings lead Fever past Dream in Game 1 | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Fever get their revenge on Atlanta and win series opener - fox59.com
- NBA to delay start of preseason - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- NBA to annouce postponement of training camp, cancel exhibition games, sources say - ESPN
- Silence on labor talks; preseason to be delayed - CBSSports.com
- Player reaction to preseason postponement: Saw that coming | ProBasketballTalk
- Eric Gordon Still Not Getting the Love - Clips Nation
- NBA -- Central Division debates - ESPN Chicago
- PHOTO: Al Harrington Has A Smart Chimpanzee - From Our Editors - SBNation.com