NEW ORLEANS, LA - MARCH 26: Matt Howard #54 of the Butler Bulldogs shoots past Alex Tyus #23 of the Florida Gators during the Southeast regional final of the 2011 NCAA men's basketball tournament at New Orleans Arena on March 26, 2011 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
NBA prospects with local ties continue to get an opportunity to show what they can do for the Indiana Pacers. Yesterday, former Carmel and Indiana State wing, Jake Kelly worked out in front of fellow Sycamores, Larry Bird and Carl Nicks.
Today, former Butler forward, Matt Howard and former Purdue guard, E'Twaun Moore join an interesting group of players working out at the Fieldhouse. The group also includes Marshon Brooks (Providence), Klay Thompson (Washington St), Jon Leuer (Wisconsin), and Andrew Warren (Bradley). Brooks and Thompson are scoring wings considered to be worthy of a first round pick.
More on the workouts and Golden State hiring Mark Jackson along with his top choice for an assistant coach.
- Caught in the Web: ISU's Kelly following NBA dream
- ISU's Kelly works out for Pacers to improve stock following difficult years | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Jake Kelly has familiar faces at his Pacers workout - fox59.com
- Warriors hire Jackson as new coach - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Warriors give ex-Pacer Jackson coaching shot | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
PACERS: Pacers Draft Central 2011
Don't forget to stay on top of all the latest as the Pacers prepare for the 2011 NBA Draft. Check out draft workout coverage and more before the Pacers make their picks on June 23rd.
- Seven Circles Of Holy S#!t In 2011 NBA Playoffs: Dirk Nowitzki, Heat Lead Us To Our Inner Expletives - SBNation.com
- Jackson finally gets his chance - CBSSports.com
- Tim Kawakami: Mark Jackson brings big personality, big risk to Golden State Warriors - San Jose Mercury News
- NBA AM: Andre Iguodala for Monta Ellis? - Basketball News & NBA Rumors -