While waiting for the opening tip, there's plenty of NBA new to sift through today. For starters, the Star scribes opine on a couple of options the Pacers should weigh when dealing around the draft. Meanwhile, the Indiana Fever won their opener last night at the Fieldhouse.
There are also a couple of stories about other NBA teams deferring coaching commitments, keeping their payroll light as the league heads toward a lockout. This may be the approach the Pacers are taking by waiting to officially hire a head coach or any assistants.
Check out all of the stories after the jump.
- Caught in the Web: Of bad memories and brothery bonds - Gilbert Brown works out for Pacers
- 2nd best bet, after trading pick for veteran, is Texas power forward Thompson | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Trade down as part of effort to bring Gordon here as centerpiece | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Former Pittsburgh forward Gilbert Brown works out for Pacers | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Detroit Pistons fire coach John Kuester after two seasons
- Dolan duplicity led Walsh to leave job undone: source - NYPOST.com
- Sources: Grizzlies not negotiating with coaches as lockout looms - ESPN
- David Kahn and Kurt Rambis aren’t talking much - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! SportsDavid Kahn and Kurt Rambis aren’t talking much - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports
- Minnesota Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis irritated by uncertainty - ESPN
- Jermaine O'Neal Will Return Next Year - CelticsBlog
- Isiah Thomas has 'no desire to return' as New York Knicks prez - ESPN New York
Isiah Thomas' presence will loom over Donnie Walsh's successor with the New York Knicks - ESPN New York