INDIANAPOLIS, IN - APRIL 21: Roy Hibbert #55 of the Indiana Pacers walks off of the court following the 88-84 loss to the Chicago Bulls in Game three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals in the 2011 NBA Playoffs on April 21, 2011 at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)
With the NBA Draft set for Thursday evening, the speculation, rumors and innuendo are flying around in full force for the Indiana Pacers.
Since the Pacers have the flexibility to deal with anyone and they are looking to address several needs this summer, it's not surprising to see rumors pop up considering they are likely working through offers with several teams. Adrian Wojnarowski slipped an eye opener into his column today mentioning that the Pacers were offering Minnesota a package that included Roy Hibbertand the 15th pick for the 2nd overall pick. Of course, the Timberwolves are likely fielding offers for that pick from nearly every team at this point, but it does show that the Pacers are willing to part with anyone on the roster.
Pacers pres, Larry Bird will meet with the media at 11:00AM this morning in his usual pre-draft presser that dances around any substantive information and more likely tries to insert some misinformation. Pacers.com will have Bird first though, with an exclusive interview live streamed at 10:30AM.
After the jump, a few links of interest including stories on the important CBA meetings taking place today.
- Could timing be right for Barac? - Caught in the Web
- PACERS: Larry Bird Live at 10:30AM
NBA Mock Draft 2011: SB Nation Collaborative Mock Story Stream - SBNation.com
The team bloggers of SB Nation present their collaborative 2011 NBA Mock Draft. Look for my pick of Marshon Brooks later today.
Hawks assess trade interest in Smith, Pacers make offer for #2 pick - Yahoo! Sports
Adrian Wonjarowskiis keeping up withthe latest trade buzz around the NBA that includes the Pacers.
- Bird, Pacers right where they want to be - FSIndiana
- NBA owners, players meeting in Manhattan, hope to make progress and avoid a July 1 lockout
- What to expect in Tuesday's NBA labor talks - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- Sports Radio Interviews " Kenneth Faried Wouldn’t Mind Spending His Pro Career In Indiana As The NBA Draft Nears
- Sources: Toronto Raptors to hire Dwane Casey as head coach - ESPN
- Owners, players set to meet again Tuesday to discuss labor situation - ESPN
- Who's the best shooting guard in the draft?
NBA draft buzz: Kyrie No. 1 - CBSSports.com
Lots of good draft nuggets here from Ken Berger.