The Indiana Pacers still have a long way to go. However, they have pieces in place, money to spend, the draft coming up, fans that are excited and some momentum going forward. The Pacers finished 22nd among NBA franchises (98 overall) in last year's rankings, but have shot to 13th in the NBA (48th overall). This is a huge jump! This obviously has no real factor on what type of team shows up next year. However, it's always a positive to continue to build excitement and momentum. So, great to see for the Pacers franchise!
A group of potential second round draft picks came in yesterday, headlined by Austin Freeman. Although this draft is not stock piled with franchise-changing players, there seems to be a lot of solid depth. The Pacers look to be in good position to continue to upgrade while possibly making more of a "big splash" through trades/free agency. Speaking of "big splash", Chad Ford mentions that the Utah Jazz are willing to part with a name that is always thrown around here, Paul Millsap. Not sure what it would take to get him, but I think most of us would agree he would be a nice piece for this team going forward...what would you be willing to give up to get him??
After the jump, check out the links of the day...
- Colts take step back, Pacers leap forward in ESPN franchise rankings | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com Pacers momentum continues to move in a positive direction as they shoot up quote a bit in ESPN's franchise rankings...
- A decision on Vogel could be coming soon | Pacers Insider blog | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Bird Thinks Carlisle's first title won't be last
- NBA: Larry Bird on what could have been with Rick Carlisle - fox59.com
- Big East Standouts Hope to Enhance Draft Status...
- NBA owners, players have great divide to bridge | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Larry Bird wishes Rick Carlisle nothing but best | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird's friendship with Rick Carlisle goes back to when they were teammates with the Boston Celtics from 1984-87.
- Jackson works out for Bird, Pacers - YNN, Your News Now