The NBA Finals have already exceeded my high expectations and now I find myself considering something I didn't think possible during this year's playoffs. I think I'm rooting for the Miami Heat in Game 6 for the simple fact that a Game 7 in this series would be fantastic and a fitting way to close it out.
I'm a big believer in players trumping coaching when it comes to NBA success, but I have to admit, if Dallas does win, Dirk Nowitzki will obviously be the Finals MVP, but Rick Carlisle should get some votes as well. He's made so many in-game and game-to-game adjustments in both play calling and player rotations, most of which have worked thus far, that he has his whole roster engaged and working the plan he lays out. Impressive.
Speaking of coaching, Mike Wells shared his thoughts on the Indiana Pacers coaching situation today. With other reports about the Pacers closing in on finalizing Frank Vogel to lead the team, Wells says they're waiting for Vogel to nail down his assitant coaching staff before making it official.
- All Vogel needs to do is get his staff set to become the Pacers permanent coach | Pacers Insider blog | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers look for help for Vogel - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- NBA Finals: A German, a Chandler and a JET. - Mavs Moneyball
- Heat falter late in 4th, head home in 3-2 hole - Peninsula is Mightier
- Star-studded affair for Symmes Celebrity Softball Challenge - fox59.com
- Miami Heat: LeBron James said chalk toss will return next season - Sun Sentinel
- Short guys deliver big in Game 5 | Jennifer Floyd Engel | Sports News and Videos on the Dalla...
- Indians Pacers players want Frank Vogel to get full-time position - AP
- Pistons to interview Sampson for coach job - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- 'Gruntland' Exclusive: Donnie Walsh on his Exit From the Knicks and his Uncertain Future - The Triangle Blog