Former Indiana Pacers' assistant, Mike Brown may have found his new home...in Los Angeles. Reports indicated Brown will become the next head coach of Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers. Brown has always been mentioned as a possible candidate for the Pacers head coach vacancy, but this won't be the case anymore. Coach Frank Vogel has always been the front runner, but maybe this clears things up even more?
Mock drafts are all over the place with who the Pacers are targeting, but things should be narrowed down starting tomorrow as the first batch of potential draftees come to Conseco Fieldhouse. There are a couple bigs, including Purdue's JuJuan Johnson and the rest combo/point guards. Look for further analysis of these workouts tomorrow or Friday.
After the jump, check out the links of the day....
- Purdue's Johnson headlines first pre-draft workout for Pacers
- Sources: Los Angeles Lakers end interviews; Mike Brown in lead? - ESPN Los Angeles The Lakers have moved passed the interview phase of their head coaching search and have narrowed down the field of candidates to Mike Brown, Rick Adelman and Brian Shaw, according to multiple sources.
- Indiana Pacers general manager David Morway non-committal on Frank Vogel's future: Fan reaction - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Timberwolves Don't Plan To Trade Their Top NBA Draft Pick, Owner Glen Taylor Says - SB Nation Minnesota
- Indiana man was face-to-face with the Unabomber - 13 WTHR John Gray, now director of team security for the Indiana Pacers, was part of an FBI team that captured the Unabomber.
- Rick Carlisle Compares His Current Mavs vs His Old Pacers Team - The Big Mac Blog
- Lakers have a deal to hire Mike Brown as their coach - latimes.com The Lakers have put together a deal to hire former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown as their new coach, an NBA official who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter said late Tuesday.
- Ricky Rubio has reservations about coming to the NBA during a lockout - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports
- NBA players' union files unfair labor practices claim against owners - ESPN