The Cleveland Cavaliers have an opportunity to get two young prospects in the 2011 NBA Draft, as they landed the 1st and 4th picks of the draft. I almost was happy for them for what LeBron James put them through this summer, but I quickly shrugged it off and realized they still have a long way to go!
The mock drafts will start to pour out now that the slots are set. The Indiana Pacers obviously were not involved in the lottery last night, but now that things are set in stone "draft experts" (or anyone willing to sit down and put a player to a team) will begin to put up mock drafts everywhere.
Larry Bird spoke about the coaching candidates and listed Frank Vogel as the obvious front runner. However, Mike Wells brings up an interesting point, do the Pacers have such a good opportunity that Bird is trying to turn away interested candidates? He surely is doing so by openly declaring Vogel as the front runner, but maybe there is method to his bluntness?
After the jump, check out the links of the day...
- Vogel favored for Pacers' coaching job, but Bird will talk to others | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Vogel is sitting at the top | Pacers Insider blog | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Indiana Pacers Odds of Winning the NBA Draft Lottery – 0.0% | KentSterling.com
- 5 Steps: Fixing The Pacers - Basketball News & NBA Rumors
- Mike Brown, Rick Adelman considered for Pacers vacancy | ProBasketballTalk
- Celtics assistant Frank meets again with Rockets
- AP: Pacers' Bird eyes Mike Brown, Rick Adelman
- One Year for Vogel? Would Bird Prefer Adelman? - 8.9
- The Point Forward " Posts Who would be waived with amnesty clause? "
- Caught in the Web: Chuck Person to interview with Golden State Warriors | Lakers Blog | Los Angeles Times
- NBA postseason brings harvest of sour grapes about officiating - The Denver Post
- Cleveland Cavaliers win NBA lottery, No. 1 pick; Minnesota Timberwolves get No. 2 pick - ESPN