INDIANAPOLIS, IN - APRIL 21: Derrick Rose #1 of the Chicago Bulls launches the game winning shot while defended by Dahntay Jones #1 and Danny Granger #33 of the Indiana Pacers in Game three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals in the 2011 NBA Playoffs on April 21, 2011 at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Bulls won 88-84. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)
Does anyone else continue to see the same game played out? I completely agree with Mike Dunleavy, this is Groundhog's Day...The Indiana Pacers have had a few mini-streaks this season, but not against opponents like the Chicago Bulls. I think this is the most consistent they have played all year long. As young and inexperienced these guys are (not only in the playoffs, but in the NBA in general), you could expect a lot less against a #1 seed. However, they are in each and every game right to the very end.
If they are to pull out a win in this series, they are going to have to create some seperation from Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, and Kyle Korver. The Pacers are having trouble creating anything for themselves in the last few minutes of each of these games, so the cushion is much needed. Regardless of the outcome of Saturday's game, this has been great for the guys in the long haul. What a crowd to play in front of last night! Although there was plenty of red, the crowd was great all night long. Probably the biggest crowd these guys have played in front of at Conseco.
After the jump, check out the links of the day, including Roy Hibbert wanting the ball in better position...
- Box Score
- PACERS: Game Rewind - Bulls 88, Pacers 84
- Danny Granger had 21 points but the Pacers were unable to hold onto a fourth-quarter lead and lost Game 3 to the Bulls 88-84 at home Thursday night. Paul George had 12 rebounds while Darren Collison returned to action with nine points. Trailing 3-0 in the series, Game 4 is Saturday afternoon at Conseco Fieldhouse.
- Close might have to be good enough | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers keep it close but can't close deal | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com Different venue, same problems for the Indiana Pacers. The inexperienced Pacers continued to push, shove and compete with the Chicago Bulls for three quarters Thursday night.
- Collison guts it out with bad ankle | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Hibbert wants the ball in a better position and the 4th qtr does the Pacers in again | Pacers Insider blog | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com Hibbert wants the ball in a better position and the 4th qtr does the Pacers in again
- Chicago Bulls: Derrick Rose comes up big when it counts in Chicago Bulls' 88-84 victory over Indiana Pacers - chicagotribune.com Game review from Chicago perspective
- Strong finish by Bulls, Derrick Rose leaves Pacers frustrated - Chicago Sun-Times
- Possibility of sweep won't have Bulls looking ahead to next round - Chicago Tribune