The Indiana Pacers won't give us a break this year with many easy wins. They either take control and build a big lead only to lose it and have to fight off the opponent (see last night), or they dig a deep hole and have to climb their way back. Luckily, they have held onto their leads as of late (yes, I just knocked on wood). Last night was no exception. A solid, balanced scoring attack by Danny Granger, Darren Collison and everyone else who played created a lot of options when the Milwaukee Bucks were clawing their way back.
This was huge win last night! The Pacers are now 2 full games ahead of the Charlotte Bobcats (plus they hold the tie-breaker) since they lost to the Orlando Magic, and they are 4 full games ahead of the Bucks (plus the tie breaker as well). Two games will be tough to overcome for the Bobcats with only 5 games remaining; however, this Pacers team has proven you can't write anything in stone until it is completely set...
After the jump, check out the links of the day, including recap of last night's games from Milwaukee and Charlotte...
- Box Score
- PACERS: Game Rewind: Pacers 89, Bucks 88 Pacers Game Rewind: Roy Hibbert's double-double (15 points, 11 rebounds) led the Pacers to a 89-88 home victory over the Bucks on Friday. Danny Granger chipped in with 17 points while Brandon Rush scored 12. The win nearly eliminates the Bucks by giving the Pacers a four-game lead and the season tie-breaker.
- Another step closer to the playoffs | Pacers Insider blog | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Padding their lead | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com Brandon Rush let out a huge sigh of relief as Drew Gooden's 25-foot shot as time expired wasn't close in the Indiana Pacers' 89-88 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday.
- George in foul trouble | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com One of Paul George's strong suits is his defensive instincts. It's the same defensive skills -- quick hands and feet -- that have caused George to head to the bench a lot sooner than he would like in some games.
- Milwaukee vs. Indiana - Recap - 01, 2011 - Basketball - NBA - SI.com Milwaukee vs. Indiana recap from game played on 01, 2011
- Bucks lose to Pacers, playoff hopes nearly over - JSOnline Another close one and another defeat. That's nothing new for the Bucks. But this one effectively closed the door on the Bucks' fading playoff hopes as they lost a heartbreaker to the Pacers on Friday night at Conseco Fieldhouse.
- Two weeks to go, the playoff picture is clearing - CBSSports.com Eye on Basketball - Two weeks to go, the playoff picture is clearing
- Brew Hoop
- Magic knock Bobcats down a notch in playoff race - CharlotteObserver.com Either Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard played the cleanest, most precise game in the history of low-post basketball, or he got the superstar treatment at home Friday night.