Last night's loss to the Orlando Magic will be one of the more forgettable losses in Indiana Pacers' history, simply because there was nothing memorable about it and all focus can now quickly shift to Chicago and the first round of the playoffs against the Bulls.
If only Derrick Rose had ever shown some signs of complacency, I would hope the Bulls might relax and look past Game 1 with all of the predictions of a sweep or five-game series. Somehow I don't think the Pacers will get that lucky. Instead they'll have to be on point to give themselves a chance to win in the end.
But at this point, just talking playoffs is a blast. Next Thursday the Pacers will host their first playoff game in five years so a good showing in Chicago will keep the city buzzing. Speaking of buzz, the Pacers are hosting a pep rally at Circle City Mall from 11:30AM to 1:30PM on Friday.
I won't be able to attend, so if anyone can attend and share their experience in FanPost, I will happily highlight it for everyone to read.
After the jump, a few more links from last night's loss leading into the playoffs along with Gordon Hayward finishing up his rookie season strong.
- Box score
PACERS: Game Rewind: Magic 92, Pacers 72
Game Rewind has all of the notes, quotes, numbers and highlights from the loss last night.
- Magic run past Pacers in regular-season finale | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
Orlando Magic vs. Indiana Pacers: Magic end regular season on high note, prepare for 'real season' - OrlandoSentinel.com
Josh Robbins reports on the Magic closing out the regular season with a win.
- Game #82 Recap: Magic Down Pacers In An Exhibition
- Orlando Magic 92, Indiana Pacers 74 - Orlando Pinstriped Post
Hayward rocks the house | The Salt Lake Tribune
Gordon Hayward capped off his rookie season with a 34-point effort last night.
Chicago Bulls: Chicago Bulls wrap up regular season with 97-92 victory - chicagotribune.com
Reserves deserve the plaudits in this one as they are instrumental in downing New Jersey Nets to complete remarkable run
- Pacers Announce Corporate Sponsorships For Playoffs - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick
- PACERS: PACERS FIRST ROUND PLAYOFF SCHEDULE SET
- Pacers helping with healthy cooking | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Pacers vs. Bulls Playoff Preview, Part 1: Why Indiana Can Win
- Pacers vs. Bulls Preview, Part 2: Stoplight Analysis
- Shook Ankles: Darren Collison Shows The Importance Of A Four Year Education « Shaky Ankles