After last week's performance against the Detroit Pistons, I was hoping for the Indiana Pacers to take what happened personally and come out with a vengeance. This seemed to be the case. Many games have begun with a large deficit, but this game started out close (which is definitely better in my book!). The game quickly changed as Danny Granger, Darren Collison and company quickly took control of both the second and third quarter. Rodney Stuckey and an arsenal of other Pistons made a strong attempt of a comeback late in the 4th, but couldn't pull it out.
I didn't like seeing the comeback in the 4th, but the way the Pacers acted as if they were simply the better team was great to see! It is just amazing how certain games show confidence while other games look like the B team trying to take on the A team in grade school (in terms of confidence).
The win was a much needed one, it turns out, as the Charlotte Bobcats and Milwaukee Bucks both ended up winning their games last night. The Pacers will have an opportunity to really knock the Bucks out of contention with a win on Friday. However, you can't take them lightly as they have played the Pacers well. After the jump, check out the links of the day...
- Box Score
- PACERS: Game Rewind: Pacers 111, Pistons 101
Pacers post-game recap from 111-101 victory over Detroit -- fox59.com
Ken Sothman offers his report from the Fieldhouse last night.
Pacers use bench to stop Pistons, 111-101 | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
Indiana Pacers interim coach Frank Vogel is fond of saying how strong the team's bench is. Wednesday was another example of why.
- Boyle hits broadcast milestone | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com Indiana Pacers radio voice Mark Boyle is accustomed to calling the action during a game, not being in any way partof it.
- Destination Unknown with Mark Boyle on 2000 Mark Boyle shares his thoughts on calling his 2000th Pacers game.
Indiana 111, Detroit 101: Pistons tripped up again on the road | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Game review from perspective of the Detroit Pistons...
- Detroit Bad Boys
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Bobcats - Recap - March 30, 2011 - ESPN
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Toronto Raptors - Recap - March 30, 2011 - ESPN