CHICAGO, IL - DECEMBER 20: Richard Hamilton #32 of the Chicago Bulls chases down a loose ball with Paul George #24 of the Indiana Pacers at the United Center on December 20, 2011 in Chicago, Illinois. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
The Indiana Pacers must be ready to move on from Chicago and prepare for another opponent. The question is: Are they ready for the regular season?
The next game counts but the Pacers still have plenty of work to do to come together as a unit and execute better within their defined roles. Fortunately they have five more days to work through these issues and prepare to play the Detroit Pistons at the Fieldhouse on Monday.
For the bulk of the Pacers roster, they've now had to play seven straight games against the Chicago Bulls and their maddening defense. Any other team will be a welcome sight as long as the Pacers maintain the level of intensity and effort they gave the Bulls. Now is the time for some pros to step forward for the Pacers and not only demand more from their teammates but also lead by example.
After the jump, check out a bunch of links from last night's game.
- Box score
- PACERS: Indiana Pacers Chicago Bulls game recap and highlights
- This rust comes off slowly for Pacers | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- A rocky start for the Pacers | Pacers Insider blog | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
- Simon: 'It's an improvement' | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Bulls-Pacers: Notable Chicago Bulls debut for Richard Hamilton - chicagotribune.com
- Bulls top Pacers again, end preseason on high note - CSN Chicago
- Bulls 93, Pacers 85: Rip Hamilton dazzles in Bulls (practice) debut - Blog a Bull
- Boozer shows he's ready for season - ESPN Chicago
- Boozer sends Bulls to 93-85 win over Pacers - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Derrick Rose: Derrick Rose agrees to five-year contract extension with Chicago Bulls - chicagotribune.com
- Heat, Thunder, Mavericks lead NBA preseason Power Rankings - Britt Robson - SI.com
- NBA Power Rankings - Top 30 NBA Basketball Teams - FOX Sports on MSN
- Pistons close out preseason as winners, 90-89 - Detroit Bad Boys