The Indiana Pacers don't know which team they will play in the home opener at Conseco Fieldhouse nor the date and time of the big event. But it will be soon, so the sales crew at the Fieldhouse is offering a "Mystery Matchup" deal for fans to buy tickets now and then fill in the date and opponent later.
Unlike the ol' school lunch "mystery meat," fans know what will be involved with this game. The Pacers will be playing their first game of the year, so really, does the opponent matter. Plus, the price is right with over 7,000 tickets available for $10 or less with club and lower level seats at reduced prices, as well. Who do you think that first home opponent will be?
Also, Frank Vogel spoke with some local media folks after reading to some kids at an Eastern Hancock elementary school. Obviously, he's amped up to get started with his team, as Mike Wells reports, but he's also expecting his players to show up ready to go with the same mindset.
Vogel said they'll work with any players who report to camp out of shape, but he also noted their playing time could be affected.
"If there are guys who are not in the best shape or haven't taken care of their bodies and their game and haven't improved, they're going to lose out on minutes," he said. "That's the biggest thing. We're on their side. We're going to do everything in their power to get them ready to play."
After the jump, more links with plenty of chatter from around the league about free agents and teams considering their options while waiting for the CBA to be finalized.
- He's ready to get going | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- PACERS: Boylen excited for the future
- David West drawing interest from Pacers, Warriors, more | ProBasketballTalk
- The Gym Is Open: The NBA Unleashed « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
- Top NBA Free Agents Of 2011: A Delectable Class Of Players Awaits - SBNation.com
- Bucher: Monta Ellis-Rudy Gay trade possible | ProBasketballTalk
- NBA Rumors: Free Agent Talks Begin, Dwight Howard Trade Possibilities Surface - SBNation.com
- NBA free-agent buzz: Teams courting Nene; Pacers, Hornets lead pack for West - NBA - Yahoo! Sports - Woj
- Hawks should trade any two players for Dwight Howard | Jeff Schultz