1. The handling of Mark Jackson. This guy was traded to the Nuggets for Jalen Rose, and then in the middle of the season traded back for Eddie Jones, Vincent Askew, and a couple 2nd rounders. Then just let go after the 2000 season. Mark Jackson should have finished his career as a Pacer like Reggie Miller.
2. Trading for Dunlevey, Murphy, and Ford. They just all suck, and when they are not sucking they are hurt. They are overpaid roll players at best, and three of the biggest mistakes in the franchises history. Granger cannot carry this team on his back forever. We as fans deserve a better than them.
3. Trading Antonio Davis for Johnny Bender. We traded a good player for hype. The Pacers gave this kid $29 million for 4 years of nothing but a slam dunk contest at the All-Star Game.
4. Trading Brad Miller away for basicly nothing. They should have kept this guy. We haven't had a good true center since, and it forced JO to play center a lot of the time, which contributed to his injuries.
5. Going Young after 2000 - The offseason brought changes to the Pacers' lineup, as Rik Smits and coach Larry Bird retired, Chris Mullin returned to his old Golden State team, Mark Jackson signed a long-term contract with Toronto, and Dale Davis was traded to Portland for Jermaine O'Neal, who went on to average 12.9 points per game in his first year as a starter. Also Bird out and Thomas in. Why coudn't they keep that team together for one or two more years? They traded DD for Jermaine, and Antonio could have moved into center. They should have not blown it up that easily. Who cares if we would of made it the finals for a second year in a row only to be beat by the Lakers agian, at least we would have been there.
Since there is not much future to discuss lets chat about the past in hopes that we won't repeat it.