Very Tired Posts
Hey we are winning games, and things have changed here in Pacer world really quick. I think that these arguments are now VERY tired:
1. Where’s Paul George, Stephens, and Price? I really don’t know why everybody got so over hyped about the summer league stuff. There was no way PG or LS where going to start this season, and would be a long shot to contribute a whole lot. We are trying to win games and be some kind of contender in the play-offs. Now if we get an injury at Point, Price is going to be our guy. George and Stephens will get a great shot at being contributors next year after our free agent deals shake out. But just because Stephens and George where All-Pro at summer league, doesn’t mean anything. I remember people writing, “Oh we should start all three of them.” Yeah right.
2. JOB and Bird should be FIRED! Patients has paid off, and these guys have turned a bunch of late draft picks into a decent team. SO MUCH FOR TANKING THE SEASON!!!! I know a lot of you probably don’t want to here this, but JOB is defiantly looking at an extension if the Pacers continue on this current trend. What if he continues to be a contender for Coach of the Year? If he gets COY some of your heads will explode. . . . I have never scene more hate for one man! Bird looks like the next Bill Polian.
3. We should have kept Rolle and dropped S. Jones. Jones hasn’t been super great, but he has been a solid back up and played his roll very well. He was a big part of the reason for Pau Gasol’s frustration against the Lakers, and he played solid D and even got to the line a few times. Solomon Jones is ready to be a good back up in this league, and Rolle is not.
4. TJ Ford SUCKS!!! All summer long I was forced, by my love for the Pacers, to read post after post about Point Guards that we should have brought in. There was a very lengthy discussion about Sebation Telfair?? That’s how low we sank, because if your dieing to get Telfair that has to be the bottom. Every post I saw, I would comment, “He is not better than TJ Ford.” He is really looking good this year as a back up. . . Expensive backup. I hope the Pacers can sign him for a deal that he is really worth next year, but I’m sure someone out there is going to over pay him again.
5. Trade All the Soon To Be Free Agents!!! We have got a good team, and a good group of guys. Chemistry is hard to come by in this league. Look at the Clips, you can have all the talent in the world, but if you don’t have a true TEAM, you’re not going to win many games. Unless there is an awesome deal, I think the Pacers ride this thing to end of the season. I also think if we have a decent year, that we will try to resign Ford and Dunleavy at lower contracts. They may still walk, but this is what I think is going to happen.
6. Danny Granger is not in the top 5 – 10 players in the league! I think Granger is our bread and butter right now, and I wouldn’t want another player leading our team.