Minnesota and the L.A. Lakers tipped off the NBA preseason in London yesterday and a nice slate of eight games state-side tonight kick the preseason into high gear. Highlights, box scores -- it's time people!
After watching the Pacers.com practice highlights from Monday's scrimmage I'd say they are ready to go and probably excited to battle an opponent after beating up on each other for over the past week.
A few things stood out in the highlights:
- First and foremost, there was a certain burly, bowl-cut stylin' power forward wearing number 50 participating in the scrimmage. I counted five-on-five which means Tyler Hansbrough's restrictions were eased a bit yesterday. He certainly wasn't playing tentatively, as if he would know how.
- Darren Collison and A.J. Price both looked good running their respective teams both setting up teammates and knocking down shots. T.J. Ford and Sol Jones were out yesterday with hammys, so I'd say Price helped himself with his play on the White squad.
- Mike Dunleavy also looked great moving around and snapping off shots that repeatedly found the bottom of the net.
- Brandon Rush flashed some solid, assertive offensive play, even finishing a drive to the hoop with a left-handed layup...that he made.
- Roy Hibbert and Josh McRoberts were on opposing teams but both caused problems with their active offense. I dare say, one of Hibberts running hooks in the lane was borderline smooth.
- Offense, offense, offense. The defensive effort wasn't necessarily poor, but it seemed like in these highlights all of the shots were falling. Mabye Bruno edited out all of the misses.
After the jump, a few more links of interest including Lance Stephenson building from the ground up at the defensive end.
Stephenson gets crash course in defense
Mike Wells reports on Lance Stephenson trying to figure out how to defend on hte NBA level.
PACERS: Positive vibe emanating from camp this year
Conrad Brunner likes the vibe of the team during training camp along with the impact the rookies are making so far.
- The Pacers Crate boys are back together prepping for preaseason action.
IDOE Asks Parents To Sign Pledge
Jeff Foster became the ceremonial first parent to sign an education pledge in Indiana.
Wall stands tall as task of reviving Wizards falls on him | NBA.com
David Aldridge takes a quick look around the league.