Since Dunleavy had major surgery in March, the Pacers front office has instituted a "loose lips, sink ships" policy with the recovery and return of the former starter. Only O'Brien has been vocal about Dunleavy's return as he originally told fans this summer to expect a January return date, but he changed course in an interview with Mike Wells on Tuesday.
But Pacers general manager David Morway said Wednesday that the team is still not releasing an official timetable, according to RealGM's Andrew Perna, who regularly sends and receives texts with the Pacers GM. Morway said: "We are pleased with how Mike is progressing. There is no timetable regarding his return at this point."
More links after the jump.
- Dan Dakich and guest Mark Boyle - The Committee of Common Sense -- examine Dunleavy's return, the Brett Favre saga and lots more in this radio interview on Wednesday. Boyle has a great view on Duns' return as to how it positively affects Danny Granger's dedication to defense.
- Former Pacers shooting guard Fred Jones couldn't land with an NBA team this summer, so he's going overseas to play in Italy this season. SLAM reports that Jones signed a one-year deal with Biella Angelico. He played with the Clippers last season.
- If you're needing a new home in Atlanta that must include a waterfall, basketball court, and indoor arcade room, then perhaps this is the mansion for you. For the cool price of $4.2 million, you can live in the house owned by former Pacers player Antonio Davis. I think I'll just settle for the pictures.
- Indiana Pacers Examiner Kyle Winslow grades the Pacers offseason.
- HoopsWorld ranks the top five NBA small forwards and Danny Granger just misses the cut as he settle for honorable mention.