The Indiana Pacers remained calm, cool and collected over the Fourth of July weekend by not stirring the pot in the free agent pool. There were a couple of rumors to pop up (the Pacers being interested in Shannon Brown and Luther Head) but it was nothing to get too excited about. Both players would provide some minutes off the bench, but neither signing would make the Pacers a playoff contender. Here are some links to get you through the weekend.
- RealGM's Andrew Perna writes that the Pacers have made no headway in the team's attempts to resign Jarrett Jack and Josh McRoberts. Perna received a text message from general manager David Morway saying, "Not yet." on Saturday. Though it's not a very informative interview, it does let fans know that nothing is imminent regarding the two restricted free agents.
- In dbcb's fanpost on Saturday, we were alerted that the Pacers have contacted Shannon Brown and Luther Head. The Indianapolis Star's Mike Wells confirms it in his latest blog post. Wells also talks about the latest summer league happenings along with former Pacer David Harrison's attempt to land a spot with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Another update from summer league practice with a look at Brandon Rush, courtesy of Mike Wells.
- The Albany Times Union produced an interesting Q&A with vice president of player development, Sam "Big Smooth" Perkins.
- ESPN reports that 12 teams are interested in Knicks free agent David Lee. None of the teams are named, but it's possible that the Pacers are one of them.
- Finally, if you need a list of NBA free agents who are still available, here's an updated roster.