UPDATE: Bruno has a live blog going at Pacers.com.
The NBA draft lottery tonight in Secaucus, NJ will confirm the draft position of the Indiana Pacers along with the other 13 lottery teams in the NBA. The odds are long for the Pacers to move up from the 13th slot in the draft. In fact, Larry Bird isn't bothering with any good luck rituals since the odds of landing the big prize are less than 1%.
Maybe I have too much Irish in me, but any chance is good enough for me to dream big and get the lucky charms working. So, please join me and pull out your lucky boxers, t-shirt, hat, or trinket you hold dear and send all your positive vibes to the Pacers. Oh, and don't let the following probabilities get you down. It only takes one!
Here are a few links of interest to peruse while waiting on the draft lottery:
- Bruno latest Caught in the Web breaks down the draft lottery for the Pacers along with a little history on past lottery picks.
- DraftExpress guru, Jonathan Givony offers up all of the draft lottery essentials for NBA.com. DE's lastest mock draft has Gerald Henderson going to the Pacers.
- Look back at the 25-year history of the NBA draft lottery.
- Mike Wells has correctly picked the winner of each NBA playoff series so far and he's sticking with the Lakers and Cavs in the conference finals.
- Sam Amico looks at the odd(s) results from past draft lotteries.
- The Baseline breaks down their Top 5 draft lotteries.
Feel free to leave you thoughts, good luck charms, positive vibes or pessimism on the draft lottery in the comments.