[I had to pull this comment from the recap thread and throw it in a FanPost. Captain flitzy bucked up and went to the game last night with seats behind the Pacers' bench. He offers up some insights no one else could pick up on TV. Enjoy. - CR]
I ended up getting two what i thought was courtside seats for 120 bucks, total. Man I love when the Nets stink. They ended up being 2 rows behind the Pacers bench, within earshot of O’Brien basically all game. So it was actually better than courtside. Probably the greatest seats I ever had. While I obviously don’t have to update on how the game went, some things I thought were cool from being that close.
- Stacy Paetz is the nicest lady in the entire world, she came over and talked to my girlfriend and I twice.
- Jarret Jack is a million times better to watch in person than on TV, he’s as fearless a player as I can remember.
- Marquis is smooth at all times.
- One play in the second quarter, during a jumpball, the coaches were yelling at Josh to seal out Yi, he moved into position and ended up getting Pacers possession because of that, so that was cool to see the assistant coaches knowing the little things.
- TJ is an actual bolt of lightning.
- I asked Danny if he was OK, he gave me thumbs up.
- The whole team on the bench the whole game is very together, standing up and cheering on the guys who are replacing them, with it seeming like Big Roy is the head of that group cheering everyone on.
- And even though it was the worst alley-oop attempt I have ever seen, before the game McRoberts threw in some nasty dunks, and if he gets confidence to realiize he belongs in this league, I think he’ll be a big part of the team.
Overall, great game, and hopefully I’ll put some pics up later on tonight. Peace.